Irish Water says it is continuing to monitor all water and wastewater supplies following Storm Ophelia and is working with the 31 local authorities and the ESB to access the impact from the storm. In Meath, there are a number of water treatment plant assets that have no power supply as a result of Storm Ophelia.
Their latest update on Meath is as follows:
· The water supply to Kilcloon served from Dunboyne is disrupted due to a power outage affecting the booster pump station. Supply restoration is expected to return by 4.00 PM this evening.
· A power outage at Moynalvey Manor has also caused disruption to water supply to approximately 25 to 50 houses. We will restore supply as soon as the power outage is repaired.
· The water supply to Mulhussey/St Anne’s area may also be affected due to an ESB power outage affecting the booster pumps. Reservoirs levels are becoming depleted at present. We are continuing to monitor the situation and are liaising with the ESB to get the supply restored as soon as possible.
· In Athboy, (including kildalkey & Rathcairn) and Ballivor water supply zones power supply has now been restored at each Water Treatment plant and are now back in full production. Normal water supply should return to all area by late afternoon. Customers outside the town centre areas may experience a disruption to their water supply in the interim.
· The power supply to the Kilcarn and Lough Bane Water Treatment Plants were disrupted yesterday. The power supply is restored and there is no impact today to the water supply to customers today.
If customers have issues with their water supply please view our service supply map on water.ie, visit twitter at @IWCare or call us on 1850 278 278. Our customer care helpline is open 24/7. We are asking customers in areas where there is no power to conserve their water supply as much as possible until power is restored to the water treatment plants.
Meath County Council is advising that ESB outages have caused disruption to the water supply in the following areas:
* Ballivor village and surrounding area
• Kilcloon and surrounding areas
• Dunboyne Rural Areas –Summerhill Road and surrounding areas
• Athboy and surrounding areas,
• Rathcairn and surrounding areas,
• Kildalkey and surrounding areas,
• Moynalvey Manor Housing Estate
Schools & Colleges - All Closed Today
THE Department of Education say ALL schools will remain closed today as Storm Ophelia wreaks havoc across Ireland.
Latest information from the ESB Networks is that 781 homes in Meath are without power.
ROADS / FALLEN TREES
Traffic / Roads Update - Ophelia - - UPDATES - ROADS BLOCKED BY TREES AND ROADS REOPENED
Date Released: 16 October 2017
ROADS BLOCKED BY TREES AND ROADS REOPENED UPDATE 16TH OCT, 7.15PM:
ROADS NOW REOPENED:
Kells to Oldcastle Rd
Church St Oldcastle
ROADS BLOCKED BY TREES:
Road from old Johnstown Village to Caseys crossroad
Bective Estate on the road from the Trim Road to Kilcarn
Large tree down on the R163 Kells Slane Road just past the mile road heading in the Kells direction on the right hand side, blocking half the road. Several other smaller trees down along the Mile Road also
Tree down Killeen, Dunsany, just after golf club entrance to Killeen Castle, heading towards Dunsany, road blocked
Dromone to Skerry Cross road blocked
Dromone village @Irish Meats tree down WITH LIVE CABLES
Dromone Village to Knocklock cross blocked
Crossakiel to Fore village blocked
R195 Oldcastle/Virginia Rd blocked
L6815 Ballinaree to Oldcastle also blocked (off R195)
Summerseat Estate, Clonee
Ongar / Clonsilla road
Carriage Road, Navan, blocked
Trim to Dublin Road at Scurlogstown
Batterstown & Blackhall Cross
Lutterall Hall, Dunboyne
Kilbride to Dunboyne Road at Belgree
R156 at Baytown, also Ballymaglassan Road and Red Road Batterstown
Rooske Graveyard Dunboyne
Kilbride to Clonee road, road blocked L1008-4
Castletown, Tara - Road to Tara Golf Club and Hill of Tara
Bellewstown Stamullen Road - near Cromwell Cross
Heronstown School, blocking Heronstown - Lobinstown Road,
McQuail’s, Rathbran Church, blocking Lobinstown Road.
Killarry, Lobinstown, blocking Lobinstown Navan Road.
Borallian Road in Navan.
N52 Kells to Ardee at Drakerath – multiple trees down road closed.
N51 Navan to Slane Road at Dunmoe – road closed
Enfield to Baconstown Road
Marsh Road Drogheda at the Drogheda Grammar School
On L1603 on way to Slane from Woodtown junction of N52
Dunboyne side of Baytown Cross on Summerhill Road
Meadow View, Dunboyne
Ratoath to Dunshaughlin Road - NOW REOPENED 16 Oct, 5.30pm
Cloran road Athboy – cables down
Road near Scanlon’s Pub, Kilberry
Kilmoon Road, Drogheda - Duleek
NineMile Roundabout Ashbourne
Trim to Athboy Road, right turn as you exit Trim town
Aura Swimming Pool, Navan
Warrenstown Arms between Dunshaughlin and Trim
Between Knock Cross and Lobinstown Village
Newhaggard Road Trim, past Manorland Est. Kilcloon
Navan to Athboy Road – 600m on Athboy side of M3