1. Highest quality sporting event in Ireland with more Olympic and World Championship medallists on show than anywhere else in Ireland this year with the biggest and most international field of entries ever with 368 entries from sixteen countries including 24 Olympians.
2. Witness the World’s No.1 and No.3 best riders in the World Oliver Townend and Tim Price, as well as former NZ Olympic Champion Blyth Tait, former World Champion and 6 time Burghley winner William Fox Pitt, recent Badminton winner and NZ Olympic medallist Jonelle Price, former multiple Burghley, Olympic and World Champion Australian Andrew Hoy (7 time Olympian), Grand Slam winner and multiple Olympian as well as three time Badminton winner Pippa Funnell. Also the first Chinese equestrian Olympian Alex Hua Tin. 3 members of the silver medal winning GBR team London Olympics.
3. You will see the best senior Irish international riders as well as hopeful future Olympians and eventing superstars amongst our best junior and young riders.
4. We have the friendliest country fair taking place at the same time as the international horse trials event and if you’re lucky enough to be under 12 then you can get in for free! Check out Tatts.ie for discounted ticket deals for the adults and family tickets.
5. Have the ability to stroll around Co Meath’s ‘Horse Country’ in the lovely 200 acre Tattersalls. Walk the course with your dog and watch the horses flying over the jumps as you go. Just remember to stay outside the ropes and off the track and keep your dog on a lead.
6. All pet dogs are welcome and just for the fun anyone can enter their pet pooch in Ireland’s best novelty dog show! You don’t have to own a posh pure bred as we have competitions for all shapes sizes including the ‘waggiest tail’ and ‘best six legs’!
7. Our Shopping Village with over 80 shops will once again play host to Ireland’s leading country chic and equestrian brands with a variety of fantastic and eclectic shopping stands as well as artisan crafts and locally made foods, drinks and treats. The lovely Tattersalls Country House is open for light lunches and afternoon tea or enjoy a glass of wine in the garden.
8. Children of all ages are catered for with traditional carnival rides and an activity area with bungee trampoline, chair-o-plane, merry go round, a pet farm, bucking bronco, hook a duck, bouncy castles, free toddler zone and much more! See the Mini Puissance ponies on the grounds as they defy gravity by doing the high jump! There are FREE pony rides too.
9. Tattersalls’ Visitors can also bring a picnic and park up in picnic area over-looking the famous water fence giving you a bird’s eye view of the thrills and spills of the Cross Country action and you might even see one of the riders get a dunking if they fail to stay onboard their trusty steeds!
10. See the Living Legends from the Irish National Stud. Hurricane Fly and Kicking King will be paraded in the Main Arena on Saturday and there is a Hound Parade on Sunday afternoon with the Ballymacad Foxhounds and Goldburn Beagles.