Gardai are strongly recommending that you use public transport if coming to the Metallica concert. Bus Éireann are operating a shuttle bus from the Market Square in Navan to Slane departing every 15 minutes from 1pm to 5.30pm.
If coming by car, try and car share. There are official car parks on the four Main approach Roads – these are colour coded:
RED – Navan Road
BLUE – Collon Road
PINK – Drogheda Road
GREEN – Dublin Road
Give yourself plenty of time to get to Slane. There will be some traffic delays given the volume of people who are due to attend the concert. Please cooperate with Gardaí and Stewards. All concert goers will be subject to search before entering the village and again before entering the Concert Site. No alcohol will be allowed through the outer barriers and any alcohol will be confiscated.
5pm: Stiff Little Fingers
There is strictly no queuing before gates opening time of 2pm. All times are subject to change.
This concert is an outdoor event and will take place rain, hail or shine. There will be no readmission allowed to the show.
Please note Under 16s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
For a more enjoyable day, concert goers are advised to:
• Allow plenty of time to gain entry into the concert - everyone is subject to a search entering the concert
• Plan to arrive in time to catch the support acts and make a day of it
• Use public transport or carpool - see special details below - there will be a strict no alcohol policy on all public and private buses travelling to the concert.
• Be aware relevant authorities will be on duty to enforce accordingly.
• Check www.mcd.ie for Event Travel Information.
• Be aware An Garda Siochana and Event Security will operate ticket checks and searches on access to the venue.
• Allow enough time for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches.
• Understand An Garda Siochana will operate a ZERO tolerance policy regarding alcohol consumption in public areas, any illegal criminal or anti-social behaviour.
• Co-operate with stewards and Gardai. Follow any loudspeaker announcements.
DO NOT BRING . . .
• Aerosols/air horns/alcohol/animals (other than registered guide or hearing dogs)/audio recorders/any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
• Large Backpacks or waist packs.
• Cans/cameras with a detachable lens or recording equipment. Camping equipment/ Chinese or sky lanterns
• Food/flagpoles/fireworks and flares
• Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks. Glass or Go Pro’s
• Illegal substances/iPads
• Large umbrellas/flag poles/large chains, spiked bracelets or wallet chains/light Sabers