The Navan group has started a Facebook campaign against any budget cuts.
A group of Navan mothers are organising a peaceful protest against any proposed cuts to children's allowance this coming Saturday at 2pm.
The protest will start at the Navan Enterprise Centre on the Trim Road in Navan at 2pm and the mothers involved are urging all parents and guardians to give their support and join them on Saturday.
"We as an Irish nation have a voice, so let's use it and make the Taoiseach and TDs listen for a change. We are no longer a nation who will sit back and do nothing," said a spokesperson.
"Everyone is welcome, except political party banners - we only want only child benefit ones! We all benefit from Ireland's children - they are the future taxpayers, health workers and others that we will need when we are old."
The group also have started a Facebook campaign to rally support against any moves to cut children's allowance.
In just one day alone, they got nearly 400 followers of their Facebook campaign.
At last week's meeting of Navan town Council, Cllr Shane Cassells called for a suspension of standing orders to discuss the issue and called for the allowance to be left untouched.
"Any cut in children's allowance would be an attack on Irish society," he said. "The biggest cost for any family is rearing children."